The Wetland Best Management Practices Knowledge Exchange webinar series was started in 2017 and has hosted speakers from across Canada. Each month the series features online presentations on boreal wetland research and best management topics.
To date, speakers have included industry, academia and not-for-profits speaking about a wide range of topics including resource roads and wetlands, measuring wetland carbon, peatland reclamation, wetland mapping, and more.
The Canadian Conservation Land Management Knowledge Portal hosts all past webinars from this series. Check out some popular past talks:
- Wetland Delineation Methods by Kristen Andersen, Associated Environmental Consultants Inc.
- Beaver Wetlands by Dr. Cherie Westbrook, University of Saskatchewan
- In-Situ Oil Sands Practices for Working in and Around Wetlands by Matthew Pyper, Fuse Consulting Ltd.
- Returning Carbon Sink Function: An Overview of Canadian Peatland Restoration by Dr. Maria Strack, University of Waterloo
- A Road Runs Through it: What Happens When the Dam Road Gets in the Way by Caitlin Willier, MSc. Student University of Alberta
- Status of DUC's Enhanced Wetland Classification Inventory and Case Study of the Akitcho Wetland Mapping Project by Michael Merchant, Ducks Unlimited Canada